Blog Hero


Contact Us

Do I need my own insurance policy if I own a condominium unit?

In Alberta, every condominium corporation is required to take out and maintain insurance on the common property and the individual units against perils such as fire, hail and flood. This insurance typically covers the common property and the structural elements of the units.  The unit owners share in the premiums for the condominium corporation’s insurance […]

Read More…

No More Pennies!

Effective today, the federal government’s plan to phase out the penny takes effect.  While debit and credit card transactions will continue to be calculated to the exact amount, cash transactions will be rounded to the nearest nickel. The Royal Canadian Mint has published the following Rounding Guidline to assist in getting used to the new […]

Read More…

What is the effect of a CMHC or GE insured (“High-Ratio”) Mortgage?

In Canada, a home buyer or home owner obtaining a mortgage loan where the principal amount of the mortgage is greater than 80% of the value of the property will be required to obtain default insurance for the lender. This default insurance is typically provided by the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (“CMHC”) or Genworth […]

Read More…

instagram facebook facebook2 pinterest twitter google-plus google linkedin2 yelp youtube phone location calendar share2 link star-full star star-half chevron-right chevron-left chevron-down chevron-up envelope fax