Our considerable experience enables us to meet the needs of franchises, corporations, partnerships, joint ventures, sole proprietorships, and nearly any other type of business.
Our philosophy when it comes to corporate law is simple – place the interests of our clients first. Being well versed in this area, we will help you navigate the muddied waters of corporate and business law. Our experience becomes evident in the timeliness of our work, transparency in our communication, and the results we provide.
Starting a new business, or purchasing or selling a business? Have questions about what the appropriate next steps are? We invite you to contact us to book a consultation. We will provide you with a plan based on your business and specific needs.
We have worked with hundreds of business owners during their infancy, helping them choose the appropriate business and share structure based on their needs, projected growth, and other key information.
Some of the services we provide include:
- Incorporation of both named and numbered corporations, as well as societies
- Minute book preparation, drafting of corporate bylaws and articles of incorporation
- General advice on corporate structure and share structure
- Creation of unanimous shareholder agreements, joint venture agreements and partnership agreements
We also regularly act as our clients registered office, including maintenance of the corporation’s minute book.
If you’re a new business seeking assistance, we’d love to talk to you.
Our experience with businesses of all sizes provides us with excellent insight into the needs of most business owners. Specific services include:
- Contracts, both external and internal
- Unanimous Shareholders agreements, Joint Venture Agreements and Partnership Agreements
- Licensing agreements
- Employment agreements
- Financing transactions
- Review of existing documents/agreements
- Leasing transactions
We can provide general legal counsel for business matters and welcome the opportunity to assist you. If you are unsure of the specific type of services you need, we encourage you to book a consultation so we can learn about your needs in greater depth.
Purchasing or selling a business is an exciting time, but also one that requires diligence and attention to detail. Our firm prides itself on conducting rigorous due diligence, ensuring that your interests are protected and properly represented.
- Drafting and negotiating asset purchase agreements and share purchase agreements
- Review and negotiation of franchise agreements and lease agreements
- Due diligence as required by our client including review of material agreements, franchise agreements and lease agreements, as well as performing necessary governmental and regulatory investigations
- Coordination with third parties such as lenders, franchisors and landlords.
- Drafting and negotiating all relevant transaction documents