We have years of experience completing thousands of commercial real estate transactions.
Our philosophy when it comes to a successful commercial real estate transaction is simple – place the interests of our clients first. As experienced lawyers in commercial real estate, we understand the importance of strictly adhering to that philosophy. To that end, we carefully conduct all required due diligence for each transaction and provide detailed reporting with respect to our findings and any items of note.
Every file (purchase, sale, or refinance) receives appropriate lawyer attention. By verifying that all loose ends are appropriately tied, we ensure that your transaction is without error or legal complication.
For all services, we provide comprehensive hard-copy reporting that outlines all outcomes and contains all necessary documents related to your transaction. Electronic versions of these documents are also available at your request.
We represent our clients – both domestic and foreign – in all types of commercial real estate transactions.
KH/Dunkley Law Group has completed thousands of transactions for clients here in Calgary as well as clients abroad. We understand the importance of our role in providing you a smooth, hassle-free transaction.
If you require legal services for your transaction, we encourage you to contact us.
During your purchase we will:
- Conduct due diligence as required by our clients, including without limitation, title reviews, lease reviews, municipal and governmental searches, and provide detailed reporting of all information
- Coordinate with lenders and lenders’ counsel for completion of all aspects of the financing, including negotiation of financing documents
- Draft and review contracts with a view to protecting our client’s interests
- Ensure the completion of all required documentation
If you are purchasing a commercial property – such as an industrial building, retail property, office space or land – you will appreciate the full-service and expertise that KH/Dunkley Law Group can provide.
Our firm provides legal services no matter what side of the lease you’re on. Services include:
- Drafting and reviewing offers to lease
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing lease agreements, assignments of leases and subleases
- Preparing and registering leasehold caveats
- Reviewing and advising our clients on existing leases, legal terms of leases, and appropriate structure of lease transactions
Property developers and builders have specialized legal considerations which require comprehensive representation that can coordinate aspects of financing, development, subdivision, contracting and conveyancing. KH/Dunkley Law Group is uniquely experienced to provide this full range of legal services. We have considerable experience in:
- Subdivision of properties, from single residential lots to entire communities
- Encumbrances, including restrictive covenants, easements and party wall agreements
- Establishing community associations
- Creation of condominium corporations, drafting condominium bylaws and condominium sale agreements
- Commercial developments, including shopping centres, office buildings and commercial condominiums
- New home construction, drafting of new home sale agreements, construction agreements and project management agreements
- Construction financing, joint ventures and investment structures
- Easements, Covenants and Restrictions Agreements for the development of mixed use condominium projects
- Conveyancing (from single family to high volume multi-family conveyancing)
We provide expert legal representation to both lenders and borrowers in all types of secured and unsecured loan transactions, including:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating financing commitment letters
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating of all financing documents, including, Mortgages, guarantees, general security agreements, assignments and postponements
- Real property and personal property security
- Providing required legal opinions