Our philosophy when it comes to residential real estate transactions is simple – place the interests of our clients first. We will handle the required legal component with the appropriate care and consideration required to ensure a seamless, easy transaction. Our clients ALWAYS meet with lawyers (not assistants) and our lawyers take time to explain all documents in understandable terms and to answer all questions that our clients have. We also ensure that we are available for follow up questions after a transaction is completed.
Every file (purchase, sale, refinance or mobile home) receives appropriate lawyer attention
By keeping a close eye on every file, we ensure that your transaction is completed without error or legal complication, so that you can focus on the other important aspects – such as moving!
For all services, we provide comprehensive hard-copy reporting that outlines all outcomes and contains all necessary documents related to your transaction. Electronic versions of these documents are also available at your request.
In relation to Residential Purchase transactions we ensure:
- A Thorough review of all relevant documents including the Purchase Agreement, Certificate of Title and Real Property Report
- Completion of all mortgage requirements to enable funding of the loan
- Explanation of what all documents mean, any encumbrances on title or concerns to note, and appropriate dissemination of documentation
- Efficient representation to ensure a timely closing of the transaction
In relation to Residential Sale transactions we ensure:
- Timely completion of documents to facilitate a smooth closing
- Accurate and appropriate adjustments are made for items such as property taxes, condominium fees, and homeowners association dues
- Complete discharge of the seller’s responsibilities in relation to the property
- Payout and closing of any mortgages and real estate commissions
- Timely delivery of closing funds to the client
In relation to Residential Refinancing transactions, we ensure:
- Thorough review of all documents, including lender instructions
- Diligent preparation of all mortgage documentation and completion of all mortgage requirements to enable funding of the loan
- Detailed explanation of all documents to be executed by the borrowers
- Timely reporting including all required documents